- Student Life
- Student Services
International Student Resources
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- Ohio Driver's License
- F-1 Visa Advice
Welcome to the International Student Services page! CCAD is proud to have such a diverse international student population and we are here to ensure that you have an amazing experience during your studies at CCAD. This page primarily focuses on F1 and J1 students, including important government regulations and benefits pertaining to your specific type of visa. Additionally, there are some useful links to government websites and some fun links that highlight our fabulous city, Columbus! We understand that attending school in a foreign country is not an easy thing to do and we feel honored that you have chosen to attend CCAD!
Important Regulations for F1 Students
- Keep your passport valid at least 6 months into the future at all times.
- Attend the school you are authorized to attend.
- Register for and complete at least 12 semester credit hours each semester during the normal academic year. The academic year at CCAD consists of two semesters: Fall and Spring. Do not drop below 12 credit hours during either semester without the permission of Mr. Neeley.
- Do not engage in off-campus employment without prior authorization from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Freelancing is considered off-campus employment and is not permitted without proper USCIS authorization.
- Notify Mr. Neeley within 10 days if you change your address.
Mr. Neeley is required by U.S. Federal Law to record any F-1 student violation in the SEVIS database. Failing to maintain your status can lead to USCIS administered fines for minor violations. Far more serious consequences, including removal from the U.S.A., may be imposed for engaging in off-campus employment without prior USCIS authorization.