Book, Song, Site: CCAD Film & Video Professor Nella Citino

nella citino

Chair of the Film & Video program Nella Citino came to Columbus in 2018 to teach at CCAD. The award-winning film veteran has produced, directed, and written documentaries, children’s programs, and short and feature films. You can check out her work on Vimeo. We asked her to share her favorite book, song, and website.  

Book: The Agony and the Ecstasy, Irving Stone

Michelangelo is the ultimate artist, engineer, and scientist. Since I’m first-gen Italian American, I grew up with a reverence for him. My mother encouraged me to study his artwork and understand his intelligence. This book portrays a tortured man whose devotion to art and life was unparalleled. I’ve always wondered what it was like to have your ear to God as you painted the Sistine Chapel.

Song: Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen

Springsteen is the boss. Even after almost 45 years, Born to Run’s incredible poetry is still relevant for today’s working class. It’s rebellious. It’s abrasive. It’s rock and roll. No matter where I am, if I hear it on the radio, I crank up the volume and scream it out at the top of my lungs. I don’t care if the guy in the car next to me is staring.

Website: Quora.com

People are fascinating and they have stories and you can read them on this website. Some are funny. Some are sad. Most are poignant. Comments and reactions to the stories are kept respectful and it’s always a great place to mine script ideas.  

Learn more about CCAD's Film & Video program or apply here.