2024-2025 TUITION & FEES


Undergraduate Yearly By semester
Tuition (12-18 credit hours)  $40,824  $20,412
Additional credit (per hour)  $1,361  
Tuition deposit (one-time; nonrefundable;
 (Residents $300)  (Commuters $200)  
Housing & Meals    
Housing for FIRST-YEAR students    
Schottenstein Residence Hall (shared double room; includes Gold Meal Plan)  $11,450 $5,725
Housing for RETURNING students    
Housing deposit ( Yearly Refundable deposit that is held for damages, and is returned at the end of Spring term after room inspections)  $250  
Design Square Apartments (two-bedroom)  $9,600  $4,800
Design Square Apartments (four-bedroom)  $9,000  $4,500
Meal plans for FIRST-YEAR students    
Gold Plan (250 meals and $100 flex; required)  $5,100 $2,550
Meal plans for RETURNING students    
Gold Plan (250 meals and $100 flex) $5,100 $2,550
Silver Plan (175 meals and $125 flex)  $3,800 $1,900
Bronze Plan (125 meals and $150 flex) $2,950 $1,475
Commuter Plan A (45 meals and $50 flex) $1,150 $575
Commuter Plan B (75 meals and $100 flex)  $1,850 $925
BFA Application fee (nonrefundable)  $50  
Art supply fee (one-time; for first-year and transfer students)  $795  



Tuition Yearly
By semester
Tuition (12-18 credit hours)  $43,020  $21,510
Additional credit (per hour)  $1,434  
Tuition deposit (one-time; nonrefundable)  $300  
Application fee (nonrefundable)  $65  
Housing & Meals    
Housing for graduate students (optional)    
Design Square Apartments (two-bedroom)  $9,600  $4,800
Design Square Apartments (four-bedroom)  $9,000  $4,500
Meal plans for graduate students (optional)    
Gold Plan (250 meals and $100 flex)  $5,100  $2,550
Silver Plan (175 meals and $125 flex)  $3,800  $1,900
Bronze Plan (125 meals and $150 flex)  $2,950  $1,475
Commuter Plan A (45 meals and $50 flex)  $1,150  $575
Commuter Plan B (75 meals and $100 flex)  $1,850  $925


Tuition (Scholarship opportunities available) Yearly By semester
 Tuition (full-time, 15 credit hours per semester)  $25,500  $12,750
 Additional credit (per hour)  $850  
 Tuition deposit (one-time; nonrefundable)  $300   
 Application fee (nonrefundable)  $65  
 Housing & Meals    
 Housing for graduate students (optional)    
 Design Square Apartments (two-bedroom)  $9,600  $4,800
 Design Square Apartments (four-bedroom)  $9,000  $4,500
 Meal plans for graduate students (optional)    
 Gold Plan (250 meals and $100 flex)  $5,100  $2,550
 Silver Plan (175 meals and $125 flex)  $3,800  $1,900
 Bronze Plan (125 meals and $150 flex)  $2,950  $1,475
 Commuter Plan A (45 meals and $50 flex)  $1,150  $575
 Commuter Plan B (75 meals and $100 flex)  $1,850  $925


Tuition payment options

Payment may be made online on Self Service, by electronic check or by credit card.


Columbus College of Art & Design offers the CCAD payment plan through CashNet on Self Service. Manage your entire bill or just the balance after financial aid – for the current semester. Pay in up to 5 easy monthly payments per semester. The enrollment fee is $50.00 per semester. Convenient electronic payments & monthly auto payment by credit card or electronic check is also available.

  • All mailed checks should be payable to CCAD and mailed to: CCAD Attn: Bursar 60 Cleveland Avenue, Columbus OH 43215

Traditional Semester Payment

The fall semester statement is available in early July, it will be July 1st for Fall 2024. The spring semester statement is made available around the 3rd week of November, it will be November 22nd for Spring 2025. An email is sent to each student's CCAD email address when the statement is available online through Self Service.

Education Loan Options

There are a number of loan options available to parents and students through our Financial Aid Office. These include (but are not limited to): 

  • Federal Direct Student Loans
  • Federal Parent Plus Loans
  • Private Education Loans

To inquire about the right loan for you, contact the Financial Aid Office at financial@ccad.edu .



Refund of Credit Balances

A refundable credit balance may result on your student account because of financial aid/loan payments, overpayments, and/or account adjustments. If the credit balance is created because of an overpayment made by a paper check, the refund will not be processed for at least 10 business days to allow time for the check payment to clear the bank.

  • Refunds resulting from financial aid and loan payments are issued after the initial disbursement of financial aid, which generally occurs within two weeks from start of the semester. Refunds are processed continually during the semester.
  • Credit balances during the Fall term may be held on the student account for Spring by filling out and returning the Title IV Credit Authorization Form to bursar@ccad.edu . 

Refund Options

As part of CCAD's efforts to provide students with a more efficient process, the college offers electronic refunds with our eRefund program to provide fast and convenient processing of refunds from financial aid or other sources.

Accessing the eRefund Program

Students can access the program within Self Service. Instructions to enroll in the eRefund Program are:

  • Log on to Self Service, click the Finances tab, then select Make a Payment.
  • You will be re-directed to the CCAD ePayment center where you can follow further instructions.

ERefund allows you to have your refund deposited directly into a bank account of your choice and to receive your refund faster and more securely. If you wish to receive your refund via check, it will be sent to your billing address on file at CCAD. For this reason, it is very important that you make sure to have a correct address on file with CCAD.


Withdrawal refund policy

Withdrawal refund policy

If a student leaves CCAD voluntarily and withdraws from a full-semester class, an increasing fee is charged according to how many weeks the student has been registered in the class.


CCAD's withdrawal refund policy is aligned to the Department of Education quidelines regarding the return of Title IV tunds when a student CCAD's withdrawal refund policy is aligned to the Department of Education guidelines regarding the return of Title IV funds when a student withdraws from the college. If a student voluntarily withdraws from CCAD, institutional charges will be prorated based on the percentage of the term completed up to 60%. Institutional charges are defined as tuition, fees, and room and board. Once the 60% threshold has been met, institutional charges will not be prorated. The date of withdrawal and calculation of term completion is established by the Office of Student Records. Please note, registration/scheduling fees, lab fees and parking fees are non-refundable. Residence hall fees and student health insurance premiums are refundable through Week 1 only. Unused balances on meal plans may be refunded at the college's discretion.

Up to 60% term completion:

  • The following will be prorated based on the date of withdrawal determined by the Office of Student Records:
  • Institutional charges - tuition, fees, and room and board
  • Federal financial aid will be adjusted according to Department of Education guidelines
  • Federal aid includes: Direct Loans (subsidized and unsubsidized), PELL and/or SEOG grants, and Parent PLUS loans
  • State of Ohio financial aid (OCOG)
  • CCAD scholarship and institutional aid
  • Classes dropped after week 3 will count as attempted for Satisfactory Academic Progress under Financial Aid policies.

After 60% term completion, a student is deemed to have earned 100% of any Title IV funds and no adjustments will be made to institutional charges, federal financial aid, state of Ohio aid, and any CCAD scholarship or institutional aid.

• Classes dropped will count as attempted for Satisfactory Academic Progress

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) |

  • SAP policy can be found in the student handbook. For detailed information, contact financialaid@ccad.edu.
  • Frequently asked questions are available online at https://www.ccad.edu/satisfactorv-academic-progress-fag

Dropping below full-time enrollment prior to the 60% point of the term will require your financial aid to be re-packaged according to the number of credit hours you are registered for and your CCAD billing will also be adjusted accordingly. Students can receive prorated federal and state grants awards for part-time enrollment and may still receive their federal loan eligibility for 6 or more hours. CCAD scholarships and grants are not prorated... Consult with financial aid for further information and guidance.

Education tax credits

Education tax credits

This year, as you fill out your tax forms, you may have the opportunity to claim substantial tax credits to defray the cost of paying for college. We at CCAD strongly urge you to take advantage of these Government Programs.

The American Opportunity Tax Credit 

The Lifetime Learning Credit

Each qualified CCAD student will receive a 1098-T Form from the college in January. This form is for your records and should serve as a point of reference when you are filing your taxes and completing Forms 8863 and 1040. Publication Release 970 is the IRS document that provides guidance and instruction on how to claim education tax credits.

While the college is unable to provide advice or information regarding your personal tax situation, we are pleased to provide the following link to the Department of Education. Here you will be able to access comprehensive information and IRS documentation that will be helpful in assessing your education tax credit eligibility.


Veterans education benefits information

Students with Veteran education benefits are charged the same fees as all other students. To find out more about Veterans benefits, please visit this site.

For incoming students (attending CCAD for the first time)

All applicants should be accepted before applying for Veterans Benefits. Once you are accepted, you must fill out an application for benefits with the VA office. After your application is processed by the VA, you will receive a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) form. You need to send a copy of this form to the VA certifying official at CCAD.

Columbus College of Art & Design, Student Central, 60 Cleveland Ave, Columbus, OH 43215

Transfer students

If you are transferring your VA benefits form another institution to CCAD, you must fill out form 22-1995 (request for change of program or place of training) and submit the form to the VA Regional Processing Center.

Current students

If you are a current student, we will send your certifications upon registration.

How to apply for VA benefits

If you are using VA benefits for the first time, you can complete an application for benefits online at the GI Bill website or fill out a paper application.

To fill out the application online through the GI Bill website, click here.

To fill out a paper application form 22-1990, go to the GI Bill website.

We certify benefits for the following chapters:

  • Chapter 33 Post 911 (Yellow Ribbon for eligible students at 100% benefit rate)
  • Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill
  • Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill Select Reserves
  • Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program
  • Chapter 32 Veterans Education Assistance Program
  • Chapter 35 Dependents Education Assistance Program
  • Chapter 31 Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Program
  • Tuition Assistance

If you have other questions or need additional help, please contact VA Regional Processing Center at 1.888.GIBILL1 (1.888.442.4551)

Department of Veteran Affairs, P.O. Box 4616, Buffalo, NY 14240-4616


Veterans readmission policies

Students called to active duty in the United States Armed Forces, National Guard, or Reserves for more than 30 days can return to CCAD with the same academic status, provided they meet the following conditions:

  • When called to active duty, the student must submit the proper paperwork to the Registrar. A copy of the service orders or an affidavit is acceptable documentation. The college also requires the student to submit a withdrawal form in writing.
  • Once the proper documentation of service orders or an affidavit is submitted, the student will receive 100% refund for tuition and the courses will be dropped from the student's record.
  • Students receiving financial aid must follow the guidelines of Title IV funding.
  • If the student has a CCAD scholarship, he/she should fill out a scholarship request form when activated so that the scholarship will be held. Once the student is re-enrolled, a scholarship reinstatement form should be filled out and returned to the Director of Financial Aid.
  • The student cannot be absent from CCAD for more than five years.
  • Once their service is complete, the student has to properly notify CCAD of intention to re-enroll.
  • The student must not be discharged from the Armed Forces with a dishonorable discharge or bad conduct discharge.

General FAQs

Why do I have a balance due on my fee bill?

  • Check the Semester Fee Bill online through Self Service.
  • You may have Tuition, Fees, Room and Meals, parking tickets, etc.
  • You may owe from a previous semester because you received a scholarship and financial aid took money away due to over-award.

Why are the amounts of the current balance and statement amount different on the balance & statement tab?

The statement amount shows billing statements for the semester. The current balance tab shows recent activity including pending financial aid, payments, and changes in meal plans and housing.

Why did my fee bill change?

Financial aid changes, course schedule changes, a returned check, a late fee, changes in a meal plan, changes in housing selection, parking fine, add/drop fees, change in residency status, may impact your billing. 

What are the due dates for the fall and spring fee bills?

Fall fee bills are due in July. Spring fee bills are due in December.

Why do I have a late fee and how can I waive it?

A late fee is posted if the payment is received after the payment due date. It can be appealed by emailing bursar@ccad.edu.

Why do I have a hold on my account?

Holds are placed on unpaid balances. 

What does a negative balance on my fee bill mean?

A negative balance occurs when there is an over payment. If the over payment is a result from financial aid, then the student will get a deposit of this amount in the checking or savings account if enrolled in our eRefund program, or a check mailed to the billing address on record with the Registrar's office.

Why am I charged a 2.85% convenience fee while making a credit card payment?

In order to accept credit cards as a form of payment, the college must participate in Convenience Fee Programs established by credit card companies. These programs are open to colleges and universities if payments are made for tuition and related fees. The convenience fee is non-refundable.

How do I make an e-check payment?

Sign in to Self Service. Instructions for enrolling in CCAD ePayment are under the Finances tab> Make a Payment> enroll in ePayment.

Verify the routing number with your bank as some banks have a different routing number for online payments. If the wrong routing number is used, it will cause the check to be returned.


Collections & Loans FAQs

How do I complete Perkins Loan Exit Counseling?

Go to myloancounseling.com and complete the Perkins Loan Exit Counseling.

How long after I pay the collections agency directly will my hold with CCAD be released?

The college gets notified once a month from the collections agency of payments for the prior month, so if you would like your hold removed sooner, contact the college and the Bursar will contact the collections agency of payment confirmation.

Can I set up a payment plan for past due balances that have been sent to collections?

The college does not set up payment plans for outstanding balances that have been turned into a collection agency. You will need to contact the collections agency they have been sent to in order to set up a re-payment plan.

 I have left the university and have an outstanding balance, how do I make a payment?

You can pay the collections agency, pay the university directly through mail, pay by credit card, pay from a bank account by EFT, or pay in person.

Bill and financial aid FAQs

Why is financial aid not showing up on my bill?

Make sure you have submitted all of the documentation required to complete your Financial Aid file. Log-in to Self Service, click on the Finances tab, then Financial Aid to see if anything is missing.

Make sure to notify the Financial Aid office of any outside scholarships you are receiving.

Remember the bill can change due to registration changes, which may hold up the financial aid appearing on the bill. Generally, financial aid is based on full-time status. If you drop below full-time, the financial aid will change.


Why isn't my alternative loan showing up on my fee bill?

Alternative Loans need to be certified by the financial aid office. After they are certified, it can take a few days for it to post to the account. If you have any questions, email financialaid@ccad.edu.


I received an additional scholarship, why do I owe money from my refund check?

Your financial aid package may have changed depending on your specific FAFSA info and cost of attendance. With more scholarships, the cost of attendance is lowered and students are only eligible for a certain amount of funding per their FAFSA. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.


Why did my financial aid package change?

You may have dropped below full-time, received outside scholarships, or residency status might have changed which causes a different cost of attendance.


1098-T FAQs

What is the IRS Form 1098-T?

The Form 1098-T is a statement that colleges and universities are required to issue to certain students. It provides the amounts paid on your student account for tuition and eligible fees in a single tax year.


What website do I use to access my Electronic Form 1098T? 

If you opted in for an electronic copy of your 1098T, you may access this form by using the link in your Self Service portal or go to https://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/access/signIn


When will I receive my Form 1098-T?

1098-T’s are made available to students either electronically or by US mail on or before January 31st, through our servicer, Heartland ECSI. Students who opted for electronic delivery before January 1st receive an email from ECSI directed to their CCAD email address with instructions for viewing and retrieving their 1098-T. A paper form is mailed to students  who did not opt for electronic delivery on or before January 31.


My SSN/Address is wrong on my form. Can I have a new one sent to me?

If your SSN/Address is incorrect, you will need to contact the Student Central Office at 614.222.3295 to update your information. After the update has processed, your updated Form 1098-T will be available online.


I don't understand what to do with this form. Help!

We are unable to provide tax advice. For guidance, you may want to consider IRS Publication 970.

What website do I use to access my Electronic Form 1098T? - If you opted in for an electronic copy of your 1098T, you may access this form by using the link in your Self Service portal or go to https://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/access/signIn