Get to know the 2018 CCAD Fashion Show host committee co-chairs

On Friday, May 11, the 2018 CCAD Fashion Show will hit the runway at its new home, the recently renovated Greater Columbus Convention Center! Buy your tickets before early bird pricing ends on March 31.

At the event, you’ll mingle with Columbus’ creative class and this year’s generous host committee chairs: Jill Treece, Tim Treece, Neal Hauschild, and Jeff Ramm. We caught up with a few of them to hear what they’re most excited to see at this year’s show.

JILL TREECE

Senior Lecturer at The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business

Jill Treece’s professional background began in nursing and transitioned into leading massive hospital construction projects, where she applied her clinical knowledge to assist the design of new spaces for patients.

“I have had my hand in everything from designing operational flow, to choosing colors, finishes, and shapes of buildings and spaces,” she says. “I cannot imagine a better way to combine my creative side with my clinical knowledge.”

Why are you looking forward to the 2018 CCAD Fashion Show?

In addition to seeing the latest couture produced by the students, I am excited for the new venue. The detail and quality of the students’ work is unparalleled and will now be shared with more people in central Ohio.

Why do you support CCAD?

CCAD continues to be innovative in the methodologies they use for teaching students and bringing new forms of art and media into the area. CCAD is our conduit in central Ohio to a much broader art community.

Why do you support Columbus fashion?

We live in a robust fashion community. Just look around. The Columbus fashion scene is consistently starting new trends, or becoming early adaptors of the latest international trends. I love being able to see this evolve locally.

NEAL HAUSCHILD

Owner of Nth Degree Real Estate and Design Firm

When Neal Hauschild served in the United States Air Force, he performed construction management and interior design for military facilities. As an engineer for the Department of Defense, he created sustainable development programs, policies to focus on alternative uses of buildings, and the renovation of structures for innovative new purposes.

With all of that experience — plus a law degree and real estate license — he began the residential interior design and renovation business Nth Degree.

“I continue to grow the companies and expand services throughout Ohio,” Hauschild says, “all the while ensuring that my clients have superior service for some of the most important decisions and times in their lives.”

Each year, the fashion and the quality of the individual pieces improves. The venue has also improved, and having these elevated student designs at the Greater Columbus Convention Center will add to the value of the event.

Why do you support CCAD?

The programming at CCAD ensures that arts businesses that range from nonprofit art galleries, museums, animation, film, architecture, and design companies can benefit from the schooling that the students receive.

Why do you support Columbus fashion?

It sparks creativity and innovation in the fashion industry which spills over to other endeavors in central Ohio, which is a unique opportunity for the Midwest.

JEFF RAMM

SVP of Talent and Strategist for Bravo Brio Restaurant Group

“My parents taught me that I could design anything and touch all aspects of our physical landscape,” says Jeff Ramm. “I remember drawing houses and rooms for my future residences.”

Ramm has tapped into that original interest in his more than 30 years of restaurant industry leadership. He’s had continual input on all aspects of operations, marketing, and human resources at Bravo, Brio, and Bon Vie restaurants.

“Through all this, my enthusiasm for architecture and design has continued,” he says. “I’ve designed over 20 personal homes over the years.”

People dress more casually at work and at home, and influencers have pretty much zapped the fun out of shopping and have all but eradicated the use of all one's senses when shopping. The CCAD Fashion Show allows me to experience fashion with all my senses.

Why do you support CCAD?

The arts are fundamental to our humanity. The arts help us express our values, build bridges between cultures, and bring us together regardless of ethnicity, religion, or age. Supporting higher education in these fields will ensure that art endures.

Why do you support Columbus fashion?

Columbus is a robust retail and fashion incubator that comprises a talented workforce and companies across all industries. The talent pool is augmented by alumni from CCAD.

Don’t miss the 2018 CCAD Fashion Show on Friday, May 11, at its new home, the recently renovated Greater Columbus Convention Center! Buy your tickets before early bird pricing ends on March 31.