Natalia Monserrate's sharp looks bring big check

Fashion Design, Close up of CCAD Fashion Design student Natalia Monserrate against a white background

There are still months to go before she shows her work at the CCAD Fashion Show, but Natalia Monserrate (Fashion Design, 2018) is already getting a taste of success on the runway. In October, Monserrate was awarded an Easton Fashion Week Columbus 2017 Scholarship presented by Sprite. The $5,000 award, presented to Monserrate on the Fashion Week Columbus runway, will help her realize her vision when she presents her collection in May.

"Winning the Fashion Week Columbus Scholarship provides an opportunity for me to purchase textiles and materials that I otherwise would not have been able to afford," she said. "I am excited for what the future holds after graduation, and I feel as if this will be a great kick-starter towards my career in fashion design."

In the meantime, Monserrate is learning and designing in a place that supports creative thinkers like her.

"At CCAD, we have a large number of people who know about the emerging fashion designers and genuinely want to see us succeed in order to keep making Columbus a better and more innovative fashion city," she said.

Learn more about Fashion Design at CCAD or apply here.